Two ferry companies fun from Picton
Passenger bookings and enquiries
- Tel: 0800 844 844 (New Zealand only)
- Tel: +64 4 471 6188 (from overseas)
- Fax: +64 4 473 1479
- Email: email@example.com
- Email for group bookings of 15 people or more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Bluebridge Cook Strait Ferry PO Box 1144 Wellington
You can also engage with us via twitter, facebook or follow our tips and location advice on foursquare!
We have information about our terminals (including maps of where they are located) and Wellington and Picton.
Wellington Terminal (50 Waterloo Quay, Wellington)
- Mon – Thu 6.00am-9.00pm & 10.00pm-2.30am
- Fri 6.00am -9.00pm & 10.00pm-11.00pm
- Sat 6.00am – 9.00pm
- Sun 6.00am -9.00pm & 10.00pm-2.30am
- Picton Terminal (1 Lagoon Road, Picton)
- Monday – Friday: 6.00am -8.00pm
- Saturday -Sunday: 8.00am -8.00pm
- 8.00am-8.00pm everyday except Christmas Day.
Freight bookings and enquiries
- Tel: 0800 162 322 (New Zealand only)
- Tel: +64 4 472 3707 (from overseas)
- Fax: +64 4 472 3261
- Email: email@example.com
Bluebridge Cook Strait Ferry – come on over!
Cross Cook Strait on a Bluebridge ferry and enjoy some real Kiwi hospitality.
We carry passengers and vehicles between downtown Wellington and Picton up to four times daily and offer a range of fares to suit your budget.
On-board you’ll find a full cafe-style menu, premium L’affare coffee and award-winning Marlborough wines.
And if you can take your eyes off the views, kick back with free WiFi, free movies and play areas for the kids. The Bluebridge journey takes just over three hours. What are you waiting for? Book your Cook Strait ferry now
Customer Service Centre
The Interislander Customer Service Centre is open Mon-Fri 8am – 8pm and Sat-Sun 8am – 6pm (call 0800 802 802).
Phone within New Zealand
- Phone 0800 802 802
- Fax 0800 101 525
- Wholesale Bookings 0800 265 626
- Group Bookings 0800 878 898
Phone from outside New Zealand
- Phone from outside New Zealand 64 4 498 3302
- Fax from outside New Zealand 64 4 498 3090
- Wholesale Bookings from outside New Zealand 64 4 498 2110
- Groups Bookings from outside New Zealand 64 4 498 2134
Private Bag 39988
Lower Hutt 5045
109 Featherston Street
Where the journey becomes a destination
Interislander travels the Cook Strait between the North and South Islands of New Zealand and is one of the most spectacular cruises in the world. The 92 km journey between Wellington and Picton is one of New Zealand’s most iconic tourist experiences.
Interislander operates three ships, carrying both passengers and their vehicles: Arahura, Aratere, and Kaitaki.
All offer the freedom and ease of exploring New Zealand by road. Taking a vehicle on an Interislander ferry is as simple as parking – just drive on and drive off. Nor do passengers with vehicles have any luggage restrictions. Offering up to 11 sailings a day, Interislander passengers also have the convenience of a wide choice of travel times.
During your Interislander journey, take a stroll on the decks, enjoy a meal, a drink, or even catch the latest movie release. Or, of course, simply be awed by the breathtaking views.
Interislander is a division of KiwiRail Limited.